Monday, February 9, 2009

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Today I morphed into a housewife. Since work only allows you to accrue 21 days of paid vacation time and I have 22 days, they said I had to take vacation. Well, ok! Did I have somewhere to go? Nope. So I had myself a housewife day. It went like this:
8:00 am - Woke up, cleaned up the dogs, had some coffee.
8:10 am - Cleaned the kitchen, emptied dishwasher, loaded dishwasher.
8:25 am - Threw in a load of laundry.
8:30 am - Gave the dogs a treat. Got lots of kisses in return :)
8:45 am - Hopped in the shower
9:00 am - Threw laundry in the dryer
9:15 am - Dressed and checked email
9:45 am - Picked Mom up.
10:00 am - ARRIVED AT THE CRAZIEST PLACE EVER.It was the annual designer sale and today was the presale event (you pick out what you want, give them your credit card number and pick it up on Friday, the actual day of the sale). Who was there? Really insane housewives and we were about to join them! Imagine a small space, lots of designer clothes, shoes and handbags and throw in some OC women. Yeah, this is probably what hell looks like. The sale wasn't that great but MommaPie did manage to snag a pair of Prada heels for $119! After the insanity, we headed over to the mall, had lunch at the real Nordstrom and I also bought a cute pair of wedges - for only $59! Score shoes for the Pie ladies!
Look how cute my new friends are:
I dropped MommaPie off, grocery shopped for dinner, came home, turned on Oprah and played with the dogs. Then I took out the whole chicken that I got from Sprouts (for $3!) and decided to pull a recipe off the Internet for oven fried chicken. Oven because it would be less fattier than frying. Oh, the housewife in me is so resourceful. I consulted with MommaPink on the seasonings and got to work. To cutting the chicken. Ok, cutting chicken? Not so much fun. There is no way I'm ever doing that again! Mr. Pie came home in the middle of me doing it and was scared/appalled/curious as to what dinner was.
Ta da!
Oven fried chicken, asaparagus and homemade mac & cheese
For the mac and cheese, I added gruyere cheese to top it off - yummy! As we sat down to dinner, I put a peach pie in the oven to bake. Wow, I just said that. I am a housewife! The pie, though, wasn't that great. I think less canned peaches next time and I'll just stick to the actual canned filling I purchased.
So there it is, my day as a housewife. It was exhausting/fun/some parts boring and I felt out of touch with the real world (the Internet). I'm actually pretty happy to go back to work tomorrow!
Kobe says thanks for reading!

No comments: