Friday, January 16, 2009

That's for the hookah

Ok readers, I'm going to get better at this food blogging thing because of my new camera! In the previous post, I used it to take photos of the Peldia dinner. Let me know if you see a difference because I totally do and it's great! Blogging photos will be so much more fun now and as you can see, I am getting better at daily blogging for all of you loyal readers (all 5 of you - ha!).
Mr. Pie and I returned to Mama Kabob. We were there the first day that it opened and it felt nice to support small businesses (especially during these sad economic times). The restaurant was empty except for a couple outside :(
Here's Mr. Pie being very patient with me as I play around with my new camera. Isn't he so cute? We had pita bread and a Shirazi salad ($4.99) while we waited for our entrees.
Where are the entree pics you ask? This is the part where I need to get better at! We ate it before I took a pic. Mr. Pie told me to take a picture of my empty plate - haha. Anyway, he had the beef kaboodeh ($6.99) with a side of grilled onions and a grilled tomato. I had the same but chicken (also $6.99) and with raw onions.
The restaurant is known for offering hookahs with flavors. Sorry, I can't say this with a straight face. Mr. Pie commented that the couch outside is for the hookah. Yup, that's my husband's humor!

1 comment:

sherthebear said...

what fun! It sounds yummy, I am sure it looked yummy too!