Friday, January 23, 2009

Benadryl is the bees knees

Recap of the week so far...
Monday - nice MLK day off. MommaPie and I went to Little Saigon to take in the festivities of Tet week. It was so crowded! We couldn't even park where we wanted to go and traffic on the street was bumper to bumper. I picked up some nice smelling flowers for the house :)
Tuesday - Inauguration Day! It was also MommaInLawPie's surgery so my stomach was in knots all day long. Also, free makeup day. Here is what some of the line looked like. I got 2 free moisturizers. Mr. Pie stopped by the mall to witness the crazy and took us to dinner.
Wednesday - JB (my ex-boss from college) had passed away on Jan. 15 and his memorial service was on Wed. It was bittersweet for me - returning to the college campus, reliving the memories and finally saying goodbye to an old friend. I didn't keep in touch with him as I should have - the last email was from 2004. Lesson learned the hard way - don't let time pass you by. If you need to say hi to someone, don't wait.
The sweet part was looking at the places where I met Mr. Pie :)
The first time:
The second:
Thursday - Mr. Pie left at night to visit his Mom. It was sad. Even the dogs knew it.
Peanut jumped in the suitcase!
I made pot roast for dinner before he left. Yums with french bread (thanks SherBear for the recipe!)
Mr. Pie will be gone for 9 days! Boo. Sad. By the way, Benadryl is awesome if you have the sniffles but makes you drowsy :)

No comments: