Saturday, January 17, 2009

Can I wear my Snuggie in line?

The Pies are c-r-a-z-y. We woke up this morning at 7 am to go to the Circuit City liquidation sale. To buy what? Even we didn't know. Mr. Pie was cold and the Snuggie saved the day! However, after finding out that Circuit City wasn't open until 10 am (Mr. Pie luckily did not kill me for that), we headed over to IHOP for breakfast. We shared the all-you-can-eat-pancake meal and a bowl of fruit. I know, exciting right? This is what we look like very early in the morning.We killed more time at Target and then headed back to Circuit City where there was already a small crowd gathering. Mr. Pie had high hopes now for a flat screen tv. I was thinking more laptop. However, the sale blew big time. It was disappointing that only tvs and laptops were 10% off. What is that?! We left with nothing and headed to the mattress store to get our new bed! But first we stopped at the North Woods Inn where Mr. Pie has always been curious about since he passes it on the freeway a lot. The place has no windows - very strange. It's like a very dark Claim Jumper. The food was ok. I had the shrimp cocktail and Mr. Pie had the burger. Afterwards, we drove around in circles and circles, looking for the mattress store. It was totally worth it though. We were able to get a new floor model for $1k - the retail price is $2400! It's an Eastern King which is really a King. I just love that we have a brand new bed now - being delivered on Tuesday! Woohoo!Also, this might possibly be the most boring post ever. But I bet you can tell I really love my new camera :)

No comments: