Friday, January 9, 2009

Sammich Throw Down!

I'm always up for a cooking challenge so when Fish mentioned an Ad Ops sandwich making contest, I was all over it. Here's mine: Italian white bread Boar's Head roasted chicken MommaInLawPie's homemade pesto Fireroasted sweet red pepper Boar's Head provolone cheese Mayo A side of Boar's Head delish dill pickle Oh it was so on. I even brought in my sandwich maker to make it a hot sandwich!

Here were the contenders: Mazzy's Manwich Steak, onions, mayo, cheddar cheese with wasabi sauce on sour dough bread - very mannish and delish.

Little B's Simple Pimple

Turkey, muenster cheese, lettuce, honey mustard - very simple but the cleanest looking sandwich of all.

She even kicked it old school style and threw in spicy Funyuns in small snack bags for us. Extra points! Fish's Phamtastic Pesto Chicken, pesto, arugula, tomato - Phamtastic indeed! She provided an Ad Ops guacamole dip :) The winner? Or should I say winners? Fish brought in the prize - sandwich containers! A fabulous time was had by all and we washed it all down with RobinGirl's blueberry swirl cheesecake! Bonus: Here are pics of me -preSnuggie and postSnuggie :)

Before Snuggie came into my life:

And after :)

No comments: