Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ring around Pablo!

Day 2 of our vacation! It was a blast of course. I started out by waking up and finding an early anniversary present (ker ching!) from Mr. Pie and a note telling me to enjoy myself and to have fun at the spa. He's so sweet. Mr. Pie left early to hit the golf course early with Pablo. They were golfing at Norman and wanted to get a head start on the heat. Yeah, right, the heat won! I left the room, all bright and shiny and made my way to pick up breakfast for me and Peldia. I decided to also get an US Weekly mag and a book for my babysitting stint. Little Peldia was going to sleep right? So then I could totally read...yeah, right, Little P won! After Peldia and I had breakfast, she took off to the spa while I was going to watch Little P.
She is very sweet looking...
But if you don't give her a bottle when she needs it, she will let you know. She let me know.
However, she is still so very adorable so it's hard not to coo and ahh :) After her Momma came back, glowing from her facial, we headed off to lunch at...
Twenty6!
Hahahaha - what can we say, if it's good, why change it. And I didn't. I had the bone-in ribeye AGAIN. And again, it did not disappoint.
That's not my pic from last night, that was my lunch! Peldia had the turkey sandwich - it was stacked and was so yummy! Of course, Little P needed lunch too :)We tried to order the apple tart but there was a huge birthday lunch before us and they stole all of them. Whatever. But being the good wives that we are ;) we called the guys to see if they wanted us to grab to go lunches for them. They both settled on the fish special of the day and we met them back at the room. Before they came back, we played swimsuit dress up with Little P. It's like having our own dress up doll! The guys came back, I bid adieu and headed off to my own spa treatment! I LOVED THIS SPA! It was fantastic. Truly. It's very tranquil, the staffers are very nice and the facilities are clean. There was an outside co-ed area but because it was 1000 degrees, I didn't venture out. My day got better - we dressed up a bit to go to cocktail hour and dinner at the other nice restaurant, Adobe Grill. When we got to cocktail hour, Pablo had already ordered margaritas for us! We sat outside for a while and then went inside for dinner. As we sat down, I spilled a margarita on my lap :( Refreshing, yes. Embarrassing, yes. But it was all in fun, I got another one for free.
We munched on yummy chips and salsa and then soup and salad.

The tortilla soup was only ok

But the salad was kick ass. Also, it kicked our asses. It was so spicy! That's attributed to those seeds you see. Mr. Pie dared Pablo to eat 4 at once. I pleaded with him no. He didn't listen to me. Lesson learned.

I snuck a pic of Mr. Pie before dinner arrived - isn't he so adorable?

We are kinda cute too ;)
Then...dinner!
I had the lamb chops - yums yums yums.
Mr. Pie and Peldia had the halibut - which they maintained was their signature dish - but it was very disappointing because it was dry! Pablo had the winning-est dish - prawns in a cream sauce. It was divine. At the end of the night, we were dipping freshly made flour tortillas into the sauce.
We tried to give the baby her bottle but this was sort of a bottle warming fail - it was too big for the cup!Don't worry. We fed her ;) See how happy she is in her Poppa's arms?
I could have sworn we took many photos at dinner of us but maybe I had too many margaritas. I didn't forget dessert though...
Flan
Fried ice-cream - hello - soooo good!
Cheesecake
Overall, Twenty6 was a way better restaurant but it was nice to get something different than bone-in ribeye...yeah right! After dinner, we changed into bathing suits (because hey, the best time to swim is after all that food right? haha) and took a dip in the pool where we made Peldia laugh with synchronized swimming, Cocoon jokes and ring around Pablo. Oh and there was a shark in the pool! Or was it Mr. Pie with his hands clasped together, chasing me? I swear it was real yall. Stay tuned for Sunday's recap!

No comments: