Sunday, April 5, 2009

That guy looks like the Asian Danny Gokey...

After the wedding on Saturday, the Pies tried to rest their bellies and take a nap before dinner. The doggies napped with us :) After some half-slumber, we took off to Tokyo Table. I think I've blogged it before but we ordered different items this time so I'll blog about those.
Check out the cool decor
A chandelier of sake bottles!
We started off Sat night right ;)
Watermelon mojito for Mr. Pie
Lychee Saketini for me (I'm still on my no hard alcohol for Lent promise!)
Both were delish and refreshing!
Also tasty was the ahi tuna salad. The dressing is awesome and the waitress also mentioned you can get it on the calamari salad (hmmm...will have to save that for the next visit!).
Some of the tastiest salmon nigiri I have ever had!
Eel and avocado roll - also delish
And then we started to get full but out came one of their signature dishes - garlic shrimp.They cook it at your table in a hot stone bowl. We had a couple of bites before we asked for it to go. It was delicious but we were stuffed Pies. We had a wonderful time on date night!
By the way, I highly recommend OpenTable.com - I was able to make our reservations online about 40 minutes before. It's easy and you can get reward points!

No comments: