Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My arm is tired

Weeks ago, I went with the girls to Shabu Shabu. I had never been before so I wanted to know what was up with this Japanese way of cooking. It was lottsa fun and very filling!
The crew
The refreshments
The MEAT
The veggies
The best! Pretty much what you do is you order the meat(s) you want and in front of you, is your individual stove with a hot pot of water to cook it in:
You can add onions and other seasonings to flavor the water. Then you dip your meat and veggies in and eat it with a side of rice. Pretty good...except your arm will get tired - ha!
I do not suggest being brave after a couple of beers and sake shots to let the server drop hot chili oil into your soup because it will make you want to call the fire dept on your mouth. Dayam - that was hot!
But we cooled it down afterwards :)

No comments: