Monday, October 20, 2008

That's not a coconut cream pie, hon...

Ok fine! I was caught. That picture above in my header? That's a chocolate cream pie. The coconut cream pie ones were too ugly - hahaha.
The Pies had a fun filled weekend. We started off Friday at Oktoberfest with GolfGirl and Jimmissa. It was super fun - I had never been to one! We met up with old co-workers and had a blast.
Here's a funny picture from there:
Yeah, we had fun :)
On Saturday, I ran errands with MommaPie and had doggy time while Mr. Pie and GolfGirl hit the links. Afterwards, we went to GolfGirl's place for yummy delicious bbq and watched the Longhorns kick butt. Sunday? Sunday was filled with cleaning up the yard (thanks Mr. Pie!) and laundry. Afterwards though, we made it a date night. We dressed up and headed to Five Crowns (thanks Entertainment Book!). If you've never been here, you will need to know that it is the Ritz Carlton of Coco's. Everyone there was over 80. However, the food? The food was fantastic! Mr. Pie didn't let me take pics - the place was just too nice. We started off with the Hearts of Romaine salad (royal blue stilton dressing and pickled red onions) - I want to live in that dressing and lobster bisque - equally delicious. Mr. Pie had the prime rib - amazing, best prime rib I've ever had. It was drowned in pool of au jus. We also had a side of whipped horseradish. For my dinner, I had it specially made for me. Ok, I didn't but I swear, everything in this description are all of my favorite foods: Beefsteak NeptuneButterflied filet with Dungeness crab legs, Yukon gold potato, asparagus and sauce bearnaise It is amazing. I can't still even speak. Afterwards, we stopped at the real Coco's for coconut cream pie (not chocolate)!

2 comments:

sherthebear said...

I was at Oktoberfest on Friday night too!!! It was my first time too and had a blast. I wish I knew you were there. I would have loved to see you!

Anonymous said...

SherBear! Were you at the Anaheim (Phoenix Club) one?