Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just try...

WARNING: This might just be the longest post ever.
Ok, you've been warned.
I remember the knock on my front door when I was 11. It was my neighbor, DelgadoCommunityCollege, and she wanted me to come over to see a new music video. We only had rabbit ears at my house so LeeLee and I rushed over.
It was this:
It was then that it was official - I had fallen in love.
From that instant on, we lived and breathed New Kids on the Block. My sister and I could not get enough. We had everything - t-shirts, big buttons, vhs tapes, cassette tapes, shoelaces! It was insane and we loved every minute of it. I would get so jealous of friends who were allowed to go to the concerts. I never thought I would be able to see them live.
Until last night.
It was a small price to pay for a childhood dream come true (thanks LeeLee for my early b-day present!).
MommaPink, LeeLee and I trekked it to the Staple Center and from the moment we arrived, it was apparent that everyone was also reliving their childhoods. I even ran into an old highschool buddy who informed me others were also there. I think it's the nostalgia of it all that keeps everyone coming back!
MommaPink & Me (I made those shirts!) I also met up with B-Dog for this photo - how cute is she?!
Lady Gaga and Natasha Bedingfield opened for them. They were ok but who were they kidding, we all knew who we really wanted to see! The entire concert was mesmerizing. Even better? The entire stadium singing along - no one missed a beat! It is still giving me chills! I have never screamed so loud - my voice is scratchy today and my throat is killing me! These are photos I got from other people's accounts on flickr (thanks B-Dog!)

MY FAVE KID - JONATHAN! Check out the crowd! LeeLee and MommaPink fought over Joey:

I didn't take a picture of a sign someone had but it said "Gimme Some Grown Man!" They pretty much played all of their old songs and most of their new ones: Click Click Click Dirty Dawg The Right Stuff Please Don't Go Girl (MommaPink's weak spot!) Games Step By Step Tonight (my all time favorite) Cover Girl (LeeLee was swooning) Single Didn't I Blow Your Mind My Favorite Girl It was amazing, probably the best concert I will ever go to! I will post more from LeeLee's camera when she finds her cord. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

wee said...

so fun! jealous...