Sunday, June 22, 2008

Um You're at the Wrong Plaza

So today is Mr. Pie's conference and I GET TO GO TO THE SPA!!!!!!!!!

Here's what I woke up to:How sweet is Mr. Pie?? You can't see the note but he told me to enjoy myself at the spa with these presents!

Mr. Pie had to go here:

While I went here:
Only it wasn't where I was suppose to go! I got mixed up with the hotel names and went to the wrong spa. As soon as I found out, I hopped into a cab and made it over to the Portola Spa. Ahhh...it was great! I had the salt body scrub which made my skin glow and then off to my designer facial. I love being pampered (who doesn't?!). Afterwards I had an Italian lunch and walked in downtown Monterey. I picked up a few surprises for Mr. Pie and then headed back. I spied a wine shop that had wine tasting! So I joined up with 2 local gals who were super nice and their dog, Lucas who is super sweet (he didn't have any wine). The tastings were delicious and I ended up picking up a bottle of Pinot Blanc for our picnic today. Afterwards, I met up with Mr. Pie. His conference was a success! So I took him back to the wine tasting place before we headed off for dinner:
Dinner was awesome at the Whaling Station. For starters, we had the Blue Point Oysters (even better than the night before), a dirty martini for me and a sidecar for Mr. Pie. We also had the tasty calamari and shared a bowl of clam chowder. For dinner, Mr. Pie got the prime rib which was amazing:

I had the seafood pasta - which was only just ok.
We were stuffed, headed back to the hotel and passed out!

Tomorrow, more Big Sur!

1 comment:

wee said...

fantastic day! :) mr. pie sure is good to you.