Monday, June 2, 2008

Cauliflower Ears

I'm still exhausted and I'm not just talking about the Wings game (they lost and it sucked).

The Pies had the busiest weekend I have seen in a long while. Here's what we did - because we are oh so exciting and you really want to read about it! Grab a drink and sit back.

Friday Night - the long awaited SATC movie that Slim and I have been anxiously awaiting. After meeting at the Chophouse for cocktails (no cosmos - too cheesy) and apps, we headed over to the theater. It was awesome. I wrote more below. Run to go see it!

Saturday - Mr. Pie and I saw 325,748 houses to buy. Ok, it was more like 6 but it was exhausting! We went all the way from central County to way down South County. But the last one we saw was absolutely beautiful and was by this:


That wasn't the view but apparently from the place, we could walk to the beach!

Afterwards, we headed over to Peldia's to help them break in their new bbq! Mr. Pie made yummy margaritas and PK grilled up some rib-eye steaks - delicious! It's always nice to go over to their house - everything is always wonderful!

Saturday Night - After the bbq, we headed over the Improve with Jimmissa to see Anjelah Johnson perform. It was the funniest and best show I've ever been to. It was definitely worth the $20. If you haven't seen her nail salon schtick - you can see it here. Funniest thing EVER.





We also saw a great opening act by Sheng Wang who was pretty funny as well.

When we came home, Mr. Pie still had the energy to watch the hockey game and I passed out.

Sunday Morning - Really, I think we are overachievers at this weekend thing. The Pies headed out at lunchtime to the Chili Cook-Off the city has every year. It was pretty hot so after about 5 spoonfuls of chili, I was done. Mr. Pie had more ambition so he sampled a more. We stayed for a bit, ate some tri-tip sandwich, a hotdog, some beer and funnel cake. I wished I brought my camera but you all know what those things look like.

We came home and I passed out. Wow, sounds familiar. Mr. Pie went to go meet a client. Somewhere in here, he's probably packing up about 10 RedBulls to keep up his energy.

Sunday Night - Mr. Pie came home at about 4 and I woke up. We got ready to go over to the Pink's for Fight Night! MommaPink's cousin fights in the WEC and they invited us over for a bbq and to watch cage fighting. Dude, cage fighting is tough. I could barely watch CousinPink fight but he was really good - even though he was 6 inches shorter than the other fighter! We were scared but he won the fight! Also, those fighter guys have the ugliest looking ears - they look like cauliflower - gross!

We came home, I passed out.

And that was our weekend.

2 comments:

sherthebear said...

wow what a busy weekend!

wee said...

that is one busy weekend - i am jealous. i cannot wait to have that much energy again!