Monday, June 29, 2009

Jazzercise Convention, Part 1

The Pies had a wonderful weekend in Palm Springs! We decided to take advantage of this package at the La Quinta Resort and invited the Peldia family along so that Pablo could golf with Mr. Pie while Peldia and I hung out little Peldia :)
First order of business? Check in and cocktail hour! The Pies had a bit of a snafu with the rooms (by the way, if you ever go to this resort, do not book a room in the 300s. Any other rooms are waaaaaaaaay better - trust us) but we were situated correctly the 3rd time and we were even given a better rate. I love me some Mr. Pie!
We met up with Peldia at the restaurant, Twenty6 for cocktail hour and it also happened to be where our dinner reservations are.
Yes, we have a baby. In a bar.
Dinner was AMAZING. I'm not kidding. We were a bit hesitant on how good the food would be at the resort, considering it was inclusive. We thought our choices would be limited. We were happily wrong - this is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at!
We started with french onion soup and salad.
Bone in rib eye for me and Pablo
Filet mignon with blue cheese crumble for Mr. Pie
Peldia had roast chicken (which we forgot to take a picture of!)
Also included in dinner was dessert! We love dessert - nom nom nom!
Chocolate mousse for me
Mr. Pie had the fruit sorbet
Pablo had the chocolate brownie sundae
Peldia had the apple tart with vanilla bean ice cream - best dessert of the night! At one point, Mr. Pie wasn't giving it back to Peldia - haha.
Oh my gah - this dinner was the best way to start our vacation!
Even more interesting at the resort was the Jazzercise convention! Think lots of cougar type women in leotards. Hahaha
Tomorrow's post will include a food repeat performance and my babysitting adventure :) Stay tuned!

1 comment:

wee said...

please tell me you have pictures of the jazzercise cougars. lol