Monday, June 1, 2009

Scored!

A couple of months ago, I read on another blog that she was able to get free rooms at the Westin via this travel blog. I bookmarked it and roamed it from time to time to daydream vacations :) Well last week, I clicked on the blog and it let me know of a twitter contest the Westin was having! The first person to click on a link and reply would win a free night stay and dinner at their restaurant. I entered the contest and was bummed to find out nothing that day. However, the next morning when I logged on, I found out I won! And then the whole office found out since I was shouting it. And then Mr. Pie was amused because I think I interrupted him when he was in court to tell him. So anyway :) We won a free Saturday night stay at the LA Westin Bonaventure. It was awesome!
Our heavenly bed that they are always advertising. It was very soft!
Our view of LA - hahaha.
I was hoping for a car chase...
Fun hotel soaps and toiletries. Yes, I took it all home with me.
I lounged around and Mr. Pie was able to catch the rest of the Red Wings game on tv. They won! Woohoo! Then it was off to dinner.
Mmmmmm...martinis pre-dinner. Dirty Belvedere for me and Lychee for Mr. Pie. Both were equally delicious!
Also, the Chivas girl was there to promote the scotch brand and Mr. Pie scored a glass for free. It was way too strong for me.
Finally, our free dinner at LA Prime. We were given the pre-fix menu.
Bread and wine to start, but of course! The wine was also on special that night - I think it was $32 a bottle.
For the first couse, we enjoyed the brandywine tomato caprese salad and the seafood bisque. Yum yums!
Prime rib for Mr. Pie - so divine!
Filet mignon for me - delish!
For dessert, apple tarts for the both of us with a side of vanilla ice cream.
The bill was only for the wine! Woohoo!
Then it was downstairs to the revolving bar which we had heard so much about. The drinks were free also since our dinner was late in coming out! The Pies are lovin' life!
The only thing scary about the Westin Bonaventure is their elevator. It is very fast and all glass so you can see yourself going up and down at a very fast pace.
Here are more pics of the hotel - it's a little outdated and very '80s. But hey, it was free!
These are just some of the movies that have been filmed there.
We should have upgraded to the Rain Man suite!
We had so much fun at our little staycation :)

2 comments:

kayleysmommy said...

What a fun little getaway!

Anonymous said...

I've stayed there during the 'roll days. Glad you had a good time. :)