Thursday, May 1, 2008

My stomach married well.

Mr. Pie made ribs last night! Ladies, there is a secret to your husband cooking - just say the word "bbq." On Sunday, I discovered that beef ribs were on sale at the market so I bought some, marinated it in Lawry's seasonings and threw it in a bag in the fridge.


Then I waited.


Mr. Pie discovered it on Monday:
Mr. Pie: What's in the bag?
Me: Oh, just some ribs I picked up at the store. [nonchalantly]
Mr. Pie: You know what would go really good in the marinade? Vinegar and liquid smoke and blah blah blah (I lost track of what he said, just envisioning me licking a rib bone)
Me: Oh, really? Hmmm...I wonder what that would taste like.

SCORE!

So last night, after work, Mr. Pie fired up the grill and voila! Beef ribs for dinner and oh, just about the BEST salad EVER. He took spinach (this is still our 5 lb bag from Costco), mozarella ball - cut up, grape tomatoes and some basil leaves. Omg - it was little bites of heaven in my mouth. Just so you think I don't contribute, I made the tasty mashed potatoes. I opened that bag right up and mixed it with boiling water. I was exhausted :)

Ribs on the grill:




Ribs on the table:





BEST Salad EVER:



I think my job will now to be to scour the market and leave ingredients around :)

No comments: