Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm a genius

And I also reserve the right to use this blog title again.

A few weeks ago, ground turkey went on sale and I froze it to use at a later date. I ended up thawing it yesterday morning to make some yummy turkey, spinach (Costco bag, still going strong) and mushroom lasagna. The recipe called for it to be manicotti but I didn't have any - just those wonderful no-boil lasagna sheets. After work, I made a Mr. Pie move and went straight into the kitchen. After cooking the ground turkey in a frying pan, I set the oven to 375. I mixed 1 lb of ground turkey with 2 cups of spinach, 1 lb of mushrooms, 1/4 cup of grated parm, chopped onions and garlic, eggs and salt and pepper. I poured a cup of spaghetti sauce into my lasagna pan, spread a layer of the noodles and then the turkey mix and repeated. I topped it off with more sauce and a thin layer of mozarella cheese. I covered it with foil and baked for 1 hour!

The result!


Mr. Pie looooved it and gave it the ok sign over his empty plate.


He wasn't completely exempt from the kitchen though,
I put out the ingredients for the best salad ever :)



However, the dogs were unimpressed:

2 comments:

ZooooM said...

Yum. You are so good to each other. I make Mr. Zoom go to the drive through. But, honestly, nobody could eat anything I tried to cook and live. I'm just no good at it.

sherthebear said...

yummy food you have at your home.