Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"That's not a monkey, it's a chimp"

Mr. Pie made chicken marsala tonight. It was like taking bites of heaven! You readers must think I weigh 500 lbs with all of his cooking. Tonight, though, we went light on the pasta and had bigger sides of spinach. The Pies are getting health conscious these days!
As soon as Mr. Pie stepped in the door, I handed him his Manhattan drink and he got right to work. Attorney by day, chef by night!

The prep work



The recipe:


Yeah, right. I don't know it! But here are some ingredients he used: chicken breast fillets, wondra flour, sweet onions, olive oil, chicken broth, can of cream of mushroom sauce, roasted garlic and a bunch of seasonings. And there were a lot of pots and pans :)



The finished product!




I like, I like! And I always finish my food posts with an empty plate (notice the presence of pasta - I willed myself not to touch most of it!).


During dinner, we watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. It was pretty funny and I was happy to see some of my favorite characters from The Office in it! The title of the post comes from the movie - Dewey has a pet chimp. Mr. Pie is a huge fan of chimps. He was annoyed when Dewey called the chimp a monkey. Mr. Pie does not like monkeys, only chimps.


Also, today at work, I ended the day on a very high note - putting someone who is usually a big jerk in his place! It felt wonderful.

2 comments:

sherthebear said...

yummy! It must be nice to have your own personal chef :)

ZooooM said...

MR PIE DOESN'T LIKE MONKEYS? Wow. Not sure I want to know what happened there?