Monday, April 28, 2008

Hot bargains, hot weather and hot house!

Mr. Pie was out of town this weekend so I was alone with the pups and we managed to keep ourselves pretty busy. I took them to the doggie park on Saturday morning but we only stayed for 45 minutes. Poor little ones, it was in the 90s and they have full time fur coats so we cut the visit short. Afterwards Little B (since Mr. Pie was oot) and I met up with Peldia's realtor who showed us 3 homes. I'll spare you the other two (they were ok and in our price range but not exactly what we were looking for). The 3rd house was great. I won't show full pictures but here's one of the humungous backyard! I had to take 4 photos to fit everything in. Mr. Pie is coming home today so hopefully we can go see it tonight!

I won't keep our hopes up too much but it's nice to know that we have the option of actually getting a yard for the housing costs where we live.


Saturday night, I met up with Sasa's sister, PhotographerMom, and we went out for yummy sushi! Afterwards, we had Pinkberry which I didn't like the first time but after a hot day (folks, it was almost 100 degrees), it was pretty good.


I couldn't sleep that night, I think I kept thinking about the house!
After a night of restlessness, what did I decide to do? I called Momma Pie and we ended up going to the swap meet. If you know me, you will know that I love a good bargain. And where else better to get it at then at the swap meet where you can find anything and everything there. Check out all of my loot for a total of $42! I didn't even take pics of all the fruit and veggies I bought.


On my way home after dropping off Momma Pie, I ran into a car wash that was benefiting a kid who had cancer. His name is Dylan and he's only 5. It felt good to donate to a much worthy cause and get a clean ride out of it!

Then I met up with PhotographerMom again and we went shopping at the mall. I bought way too many clothes and I'm pretty sure I'm returning half of it.

At night, I headed out to a wine restaurant with Slim and we had such a great talk and really good strong drinks :)

I guess I did manage to keep myself busy while Mr. Pie was away!

1 comment:

ZooooM said...

Hope you get a great house. The market is perfect for buyers. And how you went to the swap meet in that heat? You are one dedicated shopper.